Alzheimer's Disease remains one of the leading causes of death in America. As a doctor and former Chief Medical Officer of Sacramento County, I'm very concerned how Alzheimer's disease and other dementias take such a heartbreaking toll on our parents and grandparents, often leads to financial hardship, and can drastically alter the daily lives of family members who care for their loved ones.
That's why my office is hosting the 6th Annual Brain Health Forum on Wednesday, June 9, 2021 from 1:00pm - 2:30pm PDT.
With special guest, the Alzheimer's Association of Northern California, this year's forum will include an update on research and legislation related to Alzheimer's and other dementias, but will primarily focus on challenges in long-term caregiving.
Please feel free to forward this invitation to anyone you know who may be interested in joining.
**You must complete the registration form below to receive a link to join the webinar.**
- Essayist and Writer; dining critic for the Sacramento Bee
- Author of, Already Toast: Caregiving and Burnout in America (Beacon Press, March 2021)
Dr. Heather Young
- Dean Emerita, Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing, UC Davis
- Professor, nurse leader, educator, scientist, and nationally recognized expert in gerontological nursing and rural health care. Founding Dean and Associate Vice Chancellor for Nursing for UC Davis Health
- Director of Public Policy, Alzheimer's Association of Northern California
- Caregiver to family member